For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the Data Controller is Kings Somborne Village Hall, Romsey Road, Kings Somborne, SO20 6PP.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data directly from you – when you fill in an application for a booking, when you make enquiries on our website, or by telephone application or enquiry.
The types of information we collect:
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communication information
- This may include email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making your booking including gift aid
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
Administration of your Hall booking, including:
- Sending you booking confirmation/correspondence;
- Taking payment of booking fees;
- Storing your details on the software platform we use for our online booking system / management database.
- Gift aid purposes
You are responsible for ensuring you give us accurate and up to date information.
Who do we share your data with?
We do not sell or share your personal data with other organisations other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following approved third parties, where necessary:
- Our trustees for the purposes of administering your booking and/or giving you access to information regarding your booking
- HMRC for gift aid claims
- Google Analytics - One of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web. It helps us understand how the site is used and how we can improve your experience. For information about Google Analytics cookies and how to opt out, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
How long we’ll keep your information
- We keep your information for the purposes identified until you ask us to delete it. In such an event we will also close your Skedda Account with King’s Somborne Village Hall.
- Where the information is used for gift aid we will keep it for 6 years for HMRC purposes.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. There is a charge of £10 per request.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
All requests should be sent to [email protected].
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Closed Circuit Television
King’s Somborne Village Hall operates CCTV at its premises. Details of the policy and procedures used to control the management, operation, use and confidentiality of the CCTV system are available on request from [email protected].
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.